Do girls not go through an awkward phase anymore? I thought everyone was supposed to have at least a little period of dorkiness at some point in their lives. But the kids I see today have their act together. They all look so good. I was just thinking about my cousins and nieces and they have gone straight from cute kids to beautiful teenagers with no awkward pause in between. Seriously they are all gorgeous. Their hair has always looked good; their clothes always cute. (Well other than that one incident involving a purple plastic pants and jacket set but I am not naming any names, nor will I post pictures although I could...)
My awkward phase has lasted from 1987 to the present. I still don't know how to fix my hair or what clothes to wear without someone holding my hand (Lucy that would be you.) The absolute worst was my perm phase; my hair was all crispy and ratted so it stood up nice and tall. Oh the fun we could have if only my scanner was hooked up. IT Support needs to get on that right away- if you see him be sure to tell him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I think the problem is we were teenagers in the 90's and it was a hideous time for fashion! The key now I've decided is to learn how to dress like we're thirty-something instead of sixteen. While I do envy all those perfect looking teenagers, my fat body does not fit in a size 3 (which is what size you have to be I think to wear all those cute clothes). So I have decided from now on I will be shopping for more sophisticated (which sounds better than old people) clothes! Maybe this is the answer to our what not to wear dilema!!! Love you!
P.S.-I have createdx the blog page mom requested but I am not really sure what the link is to get there lol. I did figure out tho that if you click on my name it will take you there!!(Not that I have posted anything!)
What!?! Does this mean we shouldn't be shopping in the junior's section anymore? Wish you were here to share your sophisticated new clothes with me. I don't even know what to buy when I do shop. I need a personal shopper. Also, if you could do my hair for me and make it look just like yours that would be great!
Post a Comment