Thursday, January 15, 2009
Homework vent
I am not pleased. Alexandria has spent five hours tonight (minus a few short breaks) working on homework. Her homework packet was assigned Monday. She worked on it quite a bit on Tuesday night. Wednesday she couldn't because the teacher gave the class yet another homework assignment that was due the next day so she was busy with that. She finally finished the packet tonight at 9:15. She now has to work on her spelling words for her test tomorrow. She is crying because she is tired and didn't get to play tonight. She is NINE! I understand that homework is neccessary but it just seems a little excessive for a third grader. Next week I am going to try to divide up the packet so she is doing an even amount of work every night throughout the week (we probably shouldn't have taken Monday off this week.)And we will quiz spelling words every night. But if it still comes to her spending hours doing homework every night I think I will be talking to her teacher.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment