Friday, January 30, 2009

Sick day: Take two

Remember Annika's 'sick' day Wednesday? Well this morning she woke up and said she didn't feel well. I thought to myself, 'I am not falling for that again'. So I sent her off to school with instructions to tell her teacher if she started feeling worse. Well guess who called me at noon? The school nurse...Annika had a fever and needed to be picked up right away. Barry ran and fetched her for me. I set her up on the couch with a blanket and pillow. She was sick for approximately 30 minutes. She has been fine ever since. She practiced dribbling with Ian's basketball, once again turned the living room into a skating rink, played computer, colored...she was a busy girl. It was a little funny during that small window of sickness when I asked her if she would like a drink. She told me "No, I tried one of those at school and it didn't work." Huh?????

1 comment:

Alex said...

Mom that is weird