Thursday, January 8, 2009

Oh Snap!

Or as Ian would say "Oh tap!"

Ian just disinvited Karl from their day of bonding at Coco Key.

Lately we have been letting the kids choose for their birthdays if they would rather have a party or just do something special with Mommy or Daddy. For Alexandria's birthday she went to World's of Fun with Karl. Well Ian decided that he wanted to go to Coco Key (an indoor waterpark for those of you not familiar) for his birthday and that Karl should be the one to take him. Not anymore!

One thing you should know about Ian, he is very particular. For instance, at bedtime he must have a story, brush his teeth, and then have a drink of water. In that order. Last night he was inconsolable because he couldn't find his Indiana Jones toothbrush and refused to use another one and also refused to go to bed until his teeth had been brushed with the proper toothbrush. How do you lose a toothbrush by the way? But that is another story.

Anyway, the kids and I were out late because they had Christmas money to spend. By the time we got home and they briefly played with the toys they had purchased, it was already 9:30. So I hustled them off to bed skipping the usual story. I forgot all about it and amazingly Ian did too. But lo and behold about 10:00 he comes back downstairs begging for a book. Daddy was not amused by him being up that late and told him there would be no book because it was way past his bedtime. (I will spare you the whole ugly scene that resulted from this.) Suffice to say, Ian eventually went back up to his room (albeit angrily.) About 11 I went upstairs to check on everyone. Ian was (still!) awake. He pointed to me and said "I want you to take me to Coco Key." I didn't make the connection between the sudden invitation and his indignance (spell check says this isn't a word,sorry I am using it anyway) over the book incident. But then Ian said, sounding miffed, "Daddy wouldn't read me my story," turned around and headed back to his room without another word.

Edited to add: I don't want you to feel too sorry for Ian. He doesn't only get to hear books at bedtime. We read throughout the day, so it wasn't like he missed his one and only opportunity. :) That is all.

2 comments:

Erin said...

last i saw it was in your bathroom...remember it almost fell in the trashcan?

Carissa said...

Oh my word, how do you even remember? That afternoon was pure chaos and the house looked like a tornado had passed through. I vaguely remember a toothbrush but I thought it was one of the girls'.