Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Papa the ring bear?

Erin is getting married! The kids and I get to be in the wedding. I think Ian should be a pro at the whole ring bearer thing since he just did it last month. Today I was talking with him about how he gets to do it again.

He told me he does not want to be a 'ring bear'. He would rather be just a bear. I asked for clarification and he said, "You know, a growly bear, not a ring bear!" He suggested that if Erin would prefer a ring bear over a growly bear, maybe PaPa could do it. I told him PaPa is too big to be a ring bearer. Or a ring bear, either one. Ian said, "No he's not too big. We can just get him a big suit to wear. One that fits him."

So what do you think Erin? Would you rather have a growly bear in your wedding or Papa as your ring bear? I think either choice would be good. They are both equally funny options.

3 comments:

Charles and Heidi said...

Just picturing your dad as the "ring bear" in his own suit.. (I am imagining a bear suit, are you?).. makes me think that Erin's wedding may be the most memorable wedding I have ever attended. Of course, Ian following along as the growly bear just makes it about perfect. Can't wait to see what Erin decides!!

Erin said...

I would like to say that my word verification says it all "maprom".
Which envokes the response: WHAT?!?!?
What really comes to MY mind is the picture of your dad on the small horse in Colorado. :)
I prefer a growly bear I guess because I want IAN doing the bearing. Not Papa. IAN.
What if after he does it, he GETS to SIT with Papa? Hmmm?

Carissa said...

Heidi- Yes I think we should picture them both in bear suits. That makes it funnier.

Erin- Not to worry, I am working on the little growly bear. I will convince him to be a ring bear. He wants to, he just doesn't know it yet.