I realized my last post may have made Ian look a little bit, how shall we say, "active." It is true we are battling the whole room issue and we have had many incidents in the past:
Cracking eggs on his head.
Cracking eggs all over the kitchen floor.
Getting up in the middle of the night and mixing eggs (and eggshells) in a mixing bowl. (Are you seeing a pattern here?)
Eating a jar of peanut butter in his bedroom closet.
Coloring on walls with crayons, pens and markers.
Coloring on himself with crayons, pens and markers.
Hitting, hair-pulling and pushing (oh my)
In general, climbing and jumping on things he shouldn't
I am sure there are many more, but you get the idea. But just typing that makes me realize how much he is growing up. We used to be dealing with naughtiness every day, not just one random issue here and there. I am proud of how he is (mostly) making much better choices. We have gone from him being in time-out a dozen times a day to rarely now. He is a great helper and is so much fun to be around. He gives "his baby" kisses all the time and shares his snacks with her. So I just had to clear his name a little. Even though he won't stay out of his sisters' rooms.
Cracking eggs on his head.
Cracking eggs all over the kitchen floor.
Getting up in the middle of the night and mixing eggs (and eggshells) in a mixing bowl. (Are you seeing a pattern here?)
Eating a jar of peanut butter in his bedroom closet.
Coloring on walls with crayons, pens and markers.
Coloring on himself with crayons, pens and markers.
Hitting, hair-pulling and pushing (oh my)
In general, climbing and jumping on things he shouldn't
I am sure there are many more, but you get the idea. But just typing that makes me realize how much he is growing up. We used to be dealing with naughtiness every day, not just one random issue here and there. I am proud of how he is (mostly) making much better choices. We have gone from him being in time-out a dozen times a day to rarely now. He is a great helper and is so much fun to be around. He gives "his baby" kisses all the time and shares his snacks with her. So I just had to clear his name a little. Even though he won't stay out of his sisters' rooms.


2 comments:
I love your posts!! Our daughter, Ella always says when things are going wrong.. "at least this will be good blog material!" And there you are! Thanks for the stories!
I'm looking forward to future ones!
I think I see a sit-com in your future!
That is a good way to look at it. If I had started this around the time Ian turned two,I would have been averaging about 16 posts a day. That was when his naughtiness peaked. It might have been very theraputic. :) Thank so much for reading (and commenting!)
Post a Comment