
Annika is definitely my pickiest child when it comes to clothes. We first noticed it when she was about three and refused to wear a pair of overalls on the grounds that they were "too blue." I was baffled when I would bring her a new shirt home and she would turn her nose up at it. What was wrong with it? She just couldn't explain why it was all wrong. It has taken me three years, but I think I have finally discerned what clothing is acceptable to her.
So here are her fashion do's and don'ts:
--------------------------------------
One should not wear:
Turtlenecks
Overalls
Anything with smocking
Shirts with buttons
Shirts with collars
'Plain' shirts
Anything with decorative seaming
Anything too frilly or lacy
Mary Janes
Most things that are blue (if they are sequined or bedazzled or have a picture of Hannah Montana on them they might be acceptable.)
Bumpy (textured) socks
Jumpers
----------------------------------
One should wear:
Baseball hats
Flipflops
Capris
Camouflage
Anything terry cloth
Hoodies
Anything sparkly or sequined
Anything with Hannah Montana or High School Musical
Tank tops
**Oh my goodness I just made a mistake. I showed Annika this. Now she is crying because she saw the outfit in the picture above. It doesn't fit her anymore. But she waaaaaants it baaaaack. (It is camouflage capri pants with a matching sequined camo shirt so yeah, she would.)


2 comments:
i blame lucy.
Hmmm...I never thought of that. Well we probably can blame her at least for the flipflops, tanktops and a little of the sparkliness.
Post a Comment