Wednesday, December 17, 2008

This is why we have naptime

Remember how I told you that Ian has been so good lately? I don't know why I say these things because it is just asking for trouble. Everyone knows the moment you start bragging on your kids' behavior or how healthy they have been you are jinxing yourself.

Monday was a bad day for Ian. First he decided he didn't want to take a nap. He was tossing and turning so I finally told him he could get some books and lay down on the sofa. While he did that, I puttered around doing laundry and things. A short while later I went to check on him. Oh my goodness. In that short time period he had torn up a bunch of toilet paper and scattered it around the room. He unzipped the sofa cushion and pulled out handfuls of stuffing, which he also threw about the room. The Rose Petal Cottage was turned over on it's side. Upon closer inspection I realized he had broken it. This is the same Rose Petal Cottage that I had just put together a mere three hours earlier. It is still useable, but the metal bar that makes up the frame is bent in two places. I tried to bend it back but it looked like it was about to snap in two so I left it alone. Now I need to see about ordering replacement bars. Sigh...

All that was bad enough but his attitude was about to push me over the edge. Because he hadn't napped he was grumpy and sassy for the rest of the day. Any time I tried to correct his behavior or redirect him it went like this:

Me: Ian, could you...

Ian: Waaaahhhh!

or

Me: Ian you need to...

Ian: NOOOOOOO!!!!!

Seriously, there was no reasoning. Bedtime could not come soon enough. I would tell you that his behavior was better yesterday and today, but I am afraid what will happen tomorrow if I do.

No comments: