Friday, April 3, 2009

Putting the smart in smart-mouth

Today I was getting the boys a snack and Ian was complaining because he wanted juice instead of milk. When Brodie heard the word juice he brought up a new word- diarrhea. Neither boy knew what it meant but they (well mostly Ian) thought it was amusing to use it over and over again while they were having their snack. About the sixth time Ian said it I had had enough. I asked him to please stop saying that word. He told me, "Mommy this is a private conversation." I was surprised and asked if he even knew what 'private conversation' meant. "Yes," he answered, "That is when the two of us are talking and the other person (that would be Mommy) shouldn't be trying to talk to us."

1 comment:

Erin said...

*sigh* i really wish you had text messaging right now...