Thursday, April 2, 2009

Oh my goodness, how hard is it to leave things alone that DON'T BELONG TO YOU??? If it is not yours, you have no business touching it. The end.

Why will Ian not stop messing with things? He is not deterred by locks, baby gates or punishments. So far this week he has:

Dumped every single game we own out of their boxes and scattered them all around upstairs. Twice. Monopoly money, Sorry cards, Connect Four pieces, Clue Weapons, puzzle pieces...

He turned on the cordless phone and took it upstairs and "lost it." This means I could not push the page button on the receiver to locate it because it was 'in use' already. Also this means that I could not make nor receive any phone calls.

He took Karl's PDA/PalmPilot/Gadgety thing up to his room which is a big no-no.

Yesterday he and the little boy I babysit cut each other's shirt cuffs with a pair of scissors. Imagine the fun I had explaining to B.'s mom why his clothes were cut to shreds.

Seriously. Should I tether the child to me? He is four years old! When will this end?

We now have locks on Elizabeth's room, Alexandria and Annika's room (only when they are not in there) as well as the upstairs bathroom. We have two gates stacked on top of each other in front of the dreaded game closet (one gate doesn't work, he can easily scale it.) It is getting ridiculous.

1 comment:

Pam Watts said...

We were just talking about something similar to this at work today. Just think of it this way: No one can be perfect. So if he is perfect now then the teen age years will be murder. So if he gets it all out of his system now teenage years will be a breeze. So let's see that just means you only have around 9 more years :)