Today Ian and Elizabeth and I went to the mall. We got Elizabeth's hair trimmed and then headed to Claire's for some ponytail holders. We were ready to leave and walked to the opposite side of the mall where I had parked. I was putting Elizabeth's coat on her when I noticed that tucked beside her in the stroller was some merchandise we did NOT purchase. She had snatched a purse with birthstone rings and a coinpurse decorated with skulls and crossbones. I paused for a moment, wishing there was any way I could avoid walking back across the mall with a poky four year old who had tired feet. But no, back we went and I made sure to keep Elizabeth out of arm's reach of anything glittery or sparkly long enough to return the stolen items.
Sadly, this is not Elizabeth's first foray into thievery. Last month she swiped three bottles of styling product from Walmart's hair salon. One of which we didn't discover until we were out in the parking lot and had to turn around and bring it back in. That one I could kind of understand though. Have you seen poor baby's wispy hair? Half the time it is hanging in her eyes and she walks around trying to peer out from under it. Clearly swiping hair product was a cry for help. But a skull and crossbones coin purse? Really?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Oh my goodness! My little sister used to do this when my mom and I went shopping when she was around Elizabeth's age! We came home from the store and found 3 pairs of little girls sunglasses in our bag! They just think everything is theirs at that age!
That is too funny! I remember I stole a pack of gum when I was 4 & my mom made me apologize to the store clerk--I was so embarassed that I never even thought about doing it again!
Post a Comment