Friday, February 12, 2010

You can't please everyone...and sometimes you can't please anyone

Ian did not want to go to preschool. I had to drag him in, crying and screaming. You have to enter the school through the office, and while I tried to get him to stand up, quit yelling and head to class, Elizabeth sat down in a chair and began quietly looking at books. A teacher who had happened by the office saw Ian and whisked him off to class mid- fit, for which I was extremely grateful. I turned to Elizabeth and told her it was time to go. She crumpled to the floor in a heap, yelling and sobbing that she didn't want to leave. Trying not to make eye contact with the secretary who had witnessed both fits, I scooped up my flailing, screaming two year old and high-tailed it out of there.

No comments: