In retrospect, I probably should have been concerned when I saw Ian holding the phone and giggling, saying "That sounded like the police!" I thought he had just pushed the page button, which could sound like a siren to a five year old. A minute later, the phone ring and I answered it. It was 911 wanting to know what my emergency was. I explained to them that my son dialed it and I was very sorry. The dispatcher told me they would have to send someone out anyway. So we sat and waited for the police, Ian growing more wide-eyed and worried by the minute.
"I think I'll go up to my room," he suggested nervously.
I told him no way was he pulling a disappearing act. If I had to sit around waiting for the police, he did too. Eventually they showed up. The police officer didn't even come in. He just came in the yard and I told him what had happened. He was very nice about it. I almost wish he would have had put a little scare in Ian though. I did my best, we had a serious talk about wasting the police's time as well as the dispatchers. Hopefully it sunk in, because I assured him that if it happened again, the police were not going to be as forgiving.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
That boy...
I still say I appreciate it. That gave police less time to drag the undeserving into the ER.
Post a Comment