
Potty trained and now in a big girl bed? How did that baby get so big? We have used the same crib for all four kids, and it just recently broke on one side. It was still usable, but Elizabeth could climb out of it. I would put her down for a nap and minutes later she would come prancing out of her room saying "Good mowning Mommy!" in such a chipper voice it made me sad to have to put her back to bed. So we figured it was time to get her in a big bed. It is interesting, though, that there are some areas of parenthood I have completely blocked out. I have no memory of moving the other kids from a crib to a regular bed, and how we kept them in bed. I mean, did Ian really just stay put in bed when he was two? I wish I could remember how the other kids did, and what tricks I used to get them adjusted to the new bed. Anyway, yesterday I tried to put her down for a nap and she was having none of it. So I put her in bed with me and sang to her until she fell asleep. Tonight went better though, she went right to sleep. We will see if she stays in bed all night.
Karl and I enjoyed a night out last night. We went out to eat- Mexican food- my first 'real' meal (and by real I mean fattening) in quite a while. It was so yummy, I forgot all about healthy eating for the night. It was a pretty busy weekend so not only did I eat things I don't normally, I also didn't get a chance to work out. I am looking forward to getting back to it tomorrow. I am half way through my 5K training. Yay! (Just don't ask me how I am doing on my other goals.)
Poor Ian has had a rough couple of days. He has had some trouble obeying and then gets very, very upset when he is reprimanded. It is strange how these phases work with him. Typically, we will have a period of a few days where he has an awful time, and then he is okay for a month or two. Then it starts all over again. Usually, he throws these fits at home, but this time he has been doing it in front of other people, which is a little embarrassing. I need to do some more reading on some tactics to help him when he gets so upset. Right now I am just holding him tight until he calms down, and then discussing his actions once he is able to listen. I really need to get some more ideas though.
So that has been our weekend. We also got to visit with Karl's parents today which was fun (except that Ian had a hard time behaving.) Tomorrow...back to our normal routine- school, activities, appointments, etc. etc.


1 comment:
I seriously can't believe how big she is!! I really haven't seen her in forever!
Post a Comment