Monday, August 3, 2009

Back to school and other random topics


I am going to post soon about our vacation. Not to bore you all with it, but just so we can remember everything we did. But first, this: it is two weeks from today that the girls are going back to school. Can you believe that? I swear the start date just gets earlier and earlier every year. We are going to look at the girls' new school tomorrow and fill out paperwork and such. The district built a new school and we are in its boundary lines so the girls will be switching there this year.

Ian will be starting preschool soon too. At first he didn't want to go and was upset. When I first told him he cried "I can't go to school! I don't know what 1+1+1 means!!" But we have talked it up a bit and now he is getting excited. So much so that he decided that he needed to call 'everyone in the whole world' to tell them about it. So he called Papa, GopGop and Grandma Goody. After he hung up he looked at me, tapped his finger against his mouth and said "Hmmmmm...who else is in the world?" His school is pretty close by which is nice and he will go two half days a week. I am excited for him. I think he will love it and it will be good for him. My next idea for him...karate. It is supposed to help with reinforcing the ideas of self-discipline and respect- perfect for Ian, right? I was telling the family I was thinking about signing him up (not now, but eventually.) Alexandria shot me a 'girl, what are you thinking' look. She said "Mommy, do you think that is a good idea? He will be trying to chop our door down and karate chop us in the head."

Anyway, we already got our school supplies, so now we get to do the fun part- clothes and shoes. Before we can do that though, we had to spend the evening going through clothes and seeing what still fits (in Ian's case, not much- I think he has had a major growth spurt.) Everything that doesn't fit he says we need to put in his 'membory box' aka the Goodwill bag. I save things that have personal significance, but I am not putting a pair of tattered holey jeans in any memory box...but shhh, don't tell. What he doesn't know won't hurt him. Then we took a break to run and get some hot fudge sundaes from McDonalds, or as Ian calls them hot hot funjays. So that is all here. Oh, and I got beaten horribly at tennis last night. Here was the breakdown:

Mom and me vs. Zach and Malcolm- Zach and Malcom won
Malcolm and me vs. Zach and Mom- Zach and Mom won
Zach and me vs. Malcolm and Mom- Malcolm and Mom won

Are you seeing a pattern here? The losing common denominator is me. Oh well, I had fun. Don't know about my poor teammates, but I enjoyed myself!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You can play me in tennis and I bet you would win. I'd be passed out on the court the time I had to ran after the ball.

ZJason42 said...

Eh....We will have to play tennis again, sometimes its just bad luck!
haha anyways it was alot of fun!