Thursday, August 13, 2009

It's just a piece of paper!

Tonight was meet your teacher night for Alexandria and Annika. The good: Their teachers seem very nice and some of Alexandria's Girl Scouts friends were in her class. We went to Alexandria's class for a short presentation from her teacher, then on to Annika's class.
The bad: Ian and Elizabeth nearly got into fisticuffs (tm Grandma Goody) over a piece of paper which was ridiculous and a little embarrassing. Ian had rolled up a piece of paper that had a map of the school and was playing with it. He got super mad when Elizabeth took it away from him. Yeah, well, when you stick something a 1/2 inch away from someone's face and then whack them on the head with it their natural response is to take it away from you. So he was fussing and squirming and carrying on trying to grab it away from her while I was hissing threats at him while trying to listen to the teacher. What, I ask you, do you do in an instance like this? If Karl would have been with me I could have whisked Ian away for an impromptu CTJM (come to Jesus meeting)but I was by myself. I didn't want to leave because it didn't seem fair to make Alexandria miss out on hearing about her class. Next time I will have some sort of plan in place beforehand so we can nip that kind of foolishness in the bud.

P.S. He wasn't being loud or I would have taken him right out so other people wouldn't be disturbed.

No comments: