Wednesday, August 12, 2009






We spent the weekend doing back to school shopping and I think we got almost everything we need. I let Ian pick out his own clothes (while gently steering him away from the things I couldn't stand.) He really liked the shirts with robots or drums/'rock tar' stuff on them so that is what we ended up getting a lot of. The girls and I went shopping after that and by the time it was all said and done I was worn out. We ordered some shoes online so that part was easy. Except now we have to wait for them to be delivered, boo.
School starts on Monday for the girls (and me) so we are trying to enjoy the last few days of freedom. Today we went to the beach which was lots of fun. Friday we are going to Papa and Nana's lake for a swim. It is amazing how brave the kids are in the water now. Alexandria is doing cannonballs off the boat and Ian loves to jump off the dock. He likes getting a running start off the dock before he jumps in which is funny to watch. He also is sticking his whole head under water. Annika is like me, she kind of prefers to just float around. And Elizabeth? Completely unimpressed with the whole lake thing. She wants to be held in the water, and it is difficult to hold a two year old while treading water. So we try to put her in her floatie and she is having none of it. Oh well, maybe next year.

No comments: