Thursday, August 27, 2009

Adventures in shopping

I had promised the girls I would take them shopping for some more clothes for school since we didn't find that much when we shopped initially. My goal was to take them to a place that did not offer character clothes as I have seen enough Jonas Brothers and Selena Gomez attire to last me a lifetime. We started out at Marshalls. Have you been to the girls section of Marshalls lately? Oh my eyes... The glitter! The sequins! The sparkles! Annika found a shirt that had a black sequins sewn on it to look like a vest. I nixed that. They did find a few acceptable things and then we went to Old Navy and The Children's Place where they got a few shirts. Why is everything for girls either covered in spangles, popstars or writing of some kind? Alexandria opted mostly for the t-shirts with the cutesy sayings, Annika was all about the hippie t-shirts (peace and love, man.) They were happy and I am happy that at least they are not wearing head-to-toe iCarly or Wizards of Waverly Place.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have no kids (as you know) and i, too, am appalled at how much character stuff there is out there. I hope my kids (if/when i have them) won't wear that stuff. I can understand a few things but everything?! And the shoes that flash.. don't get me started, lol