It has come to my attention that perhaps I am a little dramatic. I noticed that everything that goes on around here seems to be an Event. Me taking all the kids by myself anywhere is an Event. Housetraining the dog is an Event. Giving up naps is an Event. I don't recall hearing other people go into such great detail and dramatics over their events. Which I won't capitalize, because clearly they are not as eventful as my Events.
My latest Event was taking all the kids to get their pictures taken. I ironed the girls' fancy sleeveless floor length dresses, got Ian dressed in his suit, curled the girls' hair, tried to flatten Ian's hair down with a variety of hair product. We ended up carrying the girls' dresses with us so they wouldn't get smooshed in the car. I figured they could change in the bathroom once we got there. Out of the stall comes Alexandria with tattoos on both arms. We forgot about said tattoos because she has been wearing long sleeves. Said tattoos did not go very well with fancy satiny floor length dress. We scrubbed as best we could, I think the end result will be that her arms look a little dirty in the pictures, that is all. When we got in the studio Elizabeth was not impressed. She wanted no part of being photographed and kept crying and bolting for the door. So we basically had to stick her in the spot and the photographer took the picture as fast as she could before Elizabeth took off. Which would have been okay but we had three other people who needed to look presentable as well. Annika had some earring issue and her ear was sore so she kept grabbing on to it and cocking her head to one side. Alexandria was getting all dramatic and doing jazz hands and whatnot. And Ian was...a four year old. Actually he did pretty well. All that being said, I think we got one good picture out of the bunch so I was happy. And even more happy that I won't feel obligated to do that again for awhile.
See, I can create drama out of anything. It is a gift.
Sunday, March 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
wow I am just impressed you can remember all of those events...I just got back from New Orleans, and I know it was quite eventful, but its hard for me to put into words...
Post a Comment