Monday, March 1, 2010

Girls' Day Out

For Annika's birthday we spent the day together. She decided to invite Alex to go along with us.
We went out to eat. Annika wanted to sit at the bar, but I told her no. We sat down and she looked the menu over and said "I think I'll have some pasta." She picked carrots, oranges and a slush to go along with it. Then she said she wanted a 'dirt cup' for dessert. I asked her what made her think I would let her order all that. Her answer? "Because you're my mommy!" Duh! She was right, I did let her get it all, because I am her mommy. (And because it was her birthday):



We went to Wal-Mart


Then, off to the art museum. It was something of an express tour. It didn't go over quite as well as I had imagined it would. I don't think they were all that interested. Although they assured me they were having fun, we ended up practically sprinting through each exhibit.



The highlight? Not this painting:


Not even the giant corn on the cob:


Nope, it was the gift shop. I think we spent more time in there than we did the rest of the entire museum:


And because we didn't get quite enough shopping in, we had to stop by Target. Then off to Baskin Robbins before we headed home. I was worn out after all that! But I enjoyed spending the day with my girls. They are both so much fun to be around.

**And thank you to Karl for staying at home with the two little ones while we were off gallivanting all day. I thought he and Ian were going to get into fisticuffs (tm Grandma Goody) before we even left, but they survived their day together.

No comments: