Big news around here- everyone is well! We have been cooped up too long so this is really exciting. I did notice though it is amazing what you can get done when you don't leave the house. This weekend I made cookies, barbecued chicken for sandwiches for Karl, made bread, worked on the girls' costumes, wrote a paper, knitted and made unprecedented strides in my battle against the laundry. I also made a pot of beans, and discovered everyone in my family hates beans. Even Elizabeth, who will eat anything, did a full-body shiver after she took a bite and refused to eat any more.
I also got some cleaning done, and if I can brag on Annika for a minute I have to tell you how helpful she was. While I was picking up, I glanced over and noticed that Annika was cleaning right along beside me. Without even being asked she picked up toys and books, straightend the bookshelves, dusted, put shoes in the basket, etc. It was so sweet. She got so exasperated though because Elizabeth was messing up her hard work. She told me "Mommy, I just straightened those books on the bookshelf and look! Elizabeth just pulled them all off again." Poor thing, I know just how that feels!
Oh, and I have to tell Annika's big news. She got a part in the Christmas musical...oh pardon me the WINTER musical. She is going to be Elf #1 and I think she will make a perfect little elf. She has been working hard on her lines and I can't wait to see her on stage.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment