Thursday, September 24, 2009

That barn dog!

Ian was right about him! Today it was time to take Ian to preschool so I went outside to grab Max so I could put him in his crate. He shot out of the backyard so fast I couldn't grab on to his collar and proceeded to take off down the street. I wandered around calling his name but couldn't find him. Finally I decided I needed to get Ian to school so I would have to leave Max and hope for the best. I got the kids in the car and we started off on our way. I was sitting at a red light at a pretty busy intersection down the street from our house, when I see Max come casually sauntering over to the van. I opened the door and he hopped in, as if that had been our arrangement all along. I don't even want to think about what could have happened to him on that busy road, I will just feel fortunate that all ended well

No comments: