Sunday, September 20, 2009

The latest happenings

Annika's hernia surgery was last Monday and it went really well. She was a trooper and didn't seem nervous about it at all. The nurse came in to talk to her about the surgery and said "Did you know we are going to put you to sleep?" Annika said, in her precise little voice, "Yes, I was awakened early, so a little nap would be nice!" I love that girl. I think the worst part for her was the no food or drink. I told her as soon as we left the hospital we would get her whatever she wanted to eat and she chose french fries and ketchup and also a doughnut...yuck. She had a sore throat for a few days and a little soreness where her hernia was but now she is back to normal.

We found out Ian is able to go to preschool through the school district one day a week so he started that last week. It is on Fridays(half day) so now he goes to school three days a week and is loving it. He is a little mad that they keep making him put icky tasting soap on his "sucking fingers" but other than that all is well.

Alexandria's birthday celebrations are finally over. She had her friend spend the night last night and Karl took them to Worlds of Fun. He sent me an email while they were out that said "These girls never stop talking!" Tonight I took her out and she spent all of the money she got so we are officially done with all things birthday.

Elizabeth has been a little busier as of late. She dumped an entire container of fish food on the floor, then poured a glass of water on top of that so it was all gross and stuck to the floor. Have you ever smelled betta food? Yeah, it is pretty icky. She also threw the last roll of toilet paper into the toilet. (Ian had unwrapped the previous roll because he wanted the cardboard tube for a 'craft project.')

I still don't have a way to upload pictures on this computer, so no new pictures for awhile.

No comments: