Some of you may remember Ian's difficulties sleeping. I am happy to report that he has been sleeping wonderfully for the last several months. In not so good news, it appears that the reason he is sleeping so well is that he has fully trained his apprentice in the ways of sleep deprivation torture. I suspect they have been having meetings wherein they strategize ways to keep me in a fog of exhaustion. I can hear Ian now, "Listen Elizabeth, I have been on duty for 5 years now, I need a break. It is your turn to start staying up all night. You can do it, we've been training you for it. Go make me proud."
I dare say the apprentice has surpassed the teacher in depriving mommy of sleep. She doesn't just refuse to sleep, she is now coming to me at all hours of the night (and morning) making demands. Case in point, this morning:
2:00am Wants her "Mommy back", climbs into bed with Mommy but refuses to sleep
3:00am Is kicked out of Mommy and Daddy's bed and sent back to her room.
4:00am Brings Mommy nail polish. Would like a pedicure.
4:30am Brings Mommy Wheat Thins. Would like them opened.
4:35am Has managed to open Wheat Thins on her own. Would like to know if there is any spray cheese to go with them
4:36am Mommy resigns herself to getting up for the day. Discovers open can of frosting on counter. Discovers child's hands covered with sparkly purple nail polish and 4 open bottles of nail polish on the floor.
Now she is still very wide awake and would like to do puzzles, would like like me to read books, and could I fix Dora's hair?
The Sleep Deprivation Method is two-fold. The other part of the torture is waiting for the impending melt-down that will result due to the child having not slept. I suspect it will hit right about the time we need to get ready to go to Bible Study. Stay tuned...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment